Thursday, September 28, 2006

One Step Further!



8...7...6...Main Engine Start...3...2...1...

Hi all.

Been a while now..

I´ve fallen into another trap! Ofcourse this will never rival my interest in Flight Simulation, but this is really cool. And the best thing about it; IT`S FREE!!!

I´ve gone further up all the way into space with Orbiter Space Flight Simulator!!!
It´s the most rewarding Freeware thing I´ve EVER seen!




"Go at throttle-up"


I´m very much a newbie at this point, but I´ve learned how to get the STS up and to get the orbiter (The thing that looks like an airplane with wings and all commonly referred to as the shuttle) into orbit, both manually and automatically, and how to make the orbit circular.





Leaving Cape Canaveral far behind.


Next step will be how to change the orbit into the same as a target (like the ISS-International Space Station) and to dock with it. And then ofcourse the adventure to get back home.. When I´ve done all that a couple of times I will be ready for the Moon!! As with FS there are nomerous free addons to make the experience even cooler!





Good separation! (The two Solid Rocket Boosters
are later recovered from the Atlantic Ocean, to be
re-used)




Passing another country of my relatives, Italia!





The "OMS-burn" completed and the orbit is
close to circular.





Speeding at 7765 meters/second towards the
first orbital night.



Sounds interesting?

Here it is!! All Free! http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/orbit.html

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice to see you moving from regular flightsimulators to space too!

greetings from orbiterforum mcduck

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good screenshots of Orbiter. I see you are able to manualy get the shutlle into orbit. Wow. That's impressive for a noobie. Your FS experience is paying off in space.

Harmsway

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just a suggestion - if you're into the Space Shuttle get the (also free) S£, or Space Shuttle Simulator, from www.shuttlesim.be. It is simply awesome!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Alister said...

Much faster than your average sim aircraft ;) I've heard good things about this sim, though know I've never find a spare moment to pursue it.
Best of luck in space!

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Visitors: