Sunday, September 23, 2007

Some AA-time and failures lurking!

Gooday.

I´ve just completed a 2 hour flight from Ft. Lauderdale (KFLL) to Port au Prince (MTPP).

AA807.

I nice flight with pretty cool scenery upon arrival at MTPP. This was my first visit to Haiti in the virtual world! Haven´t been there IRL either....
















Skipping a waypoint, as directed by ATC,
saves both time and fuel.

















Aircraft in landing-config on final towards
Port au Prince.

















Flaring above the runway.


I downloaded a small file I found at http://www.avsim.com . It´s simply called "Random Failure" and that pretty much explains its´use aswell. You start the application; enter a "probability number"; and go fly!

This may now generate a failure at any time, in any system onboard, every minute of the flight.

Since I only fly IFR and strictly controlled aircraft, I used the probability rate of 1/10.000 every minute of the flight.
Guess what. I was lucky. :)

But one day I might end up with a failing engine at V2 (calculated safe climbout speed), then I´ll be pouring sweat!

I used an application like this back in the good old FS2002 days, and I had a major failure once. It was an engine failure during the takeoff roll but well below V1 (calculated "point of no return speed"), so I was able to stop and shut down and taxi back to the gate on one engine.


Here are some photos from another American flight I made yesterday; AA1394 from Dallas Fort Worth (KDFW) to Fort Lauderdale (KFLL).

















Taxiing out at KDFW.


















ILS established, heading for Fort Lauderdale.




Thanx for reading!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

will be great that you put the link to can download this plane!!

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Johan said...

Hi camilo. It´s payware. (PMDG) and you´ll find it here: www.precisionmanuals.com

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Visitors: